GURU values its employees. They are the cornerstone of our business model. Our team makes up the foundation to our competitive advantage; therefore they must be strong, skilled, and up for the challenge. Sound like you?
GURU, Inc. is a dynamic IT consulting firm that provides infrastructure consulting and support services to small and mid-sized businesses throughout the DC Metro area. Due to continued growth and expansion, we are actively seeking Network Technicians who have at least 1 year of Help Desk or relatable experience. The role demands the ability to get things done, principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, willingness to learn and improve, and above all; a comprehensive service mentality. The ideal candidate has an inert desire to problem solve, is highly operational, highly communicative, and is obsessed with empowering our team and clients alike. They are motivated by helping others, drill down into issues to find resolution, hustle, inspire, aren’t afraid to bring their unique personality into the workplace and are seeking a rich environment to grow in.
- Use knowledge of LAN systems to help install and maintain networks
- Diagnose, research, and resolve technical problems
- Maintains, analyzes, and troubleshoots desktop systems
- Deploy Windows based workstations
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security, and system groups
- Maintain and monitor backup-systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot network systems, hardware, and peripherals.
What it Takes:
- Minimum of 1 year proven experience in a help desk support or similar role
- Minimum of 1 year experience maintaining Windows 7 or 10 workstations
- Experience with Windows 2012 and 2016 Server a plus
- Ability to maintain high levels of superior customer interaction and team work with peers and group members
- Self-motivated, proactive, dependable team player
- Solid communication (both written and verbal) skills with a strong attention to detail
- A+, Net+, or current MCP (preferred)
- Some college preferred, but can be substituted for comparable work experience
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to client sites in the DC metro area
GURU is a Microsoft CSP and Silver Partner, and is one of the Washington DC metro area’s leading IT network support companies with a strong focus on the small and mid-sized business market. GURU prides itself on providing “solutions that make sense” and specializes in proactive network, server, and desktop support, as well as end-user help and strategic IT consulting. GURU’s commitment to exceptional IT support and customer care is just one of the many qualities that set GURU apart from rest of the pack. We offer a challenging and fast paced work environment along with plenty of opportunity for growth.
GURU: Why Work Here?
Great team environment, Fun Atmosphere, New CEO and Management, Room for Growth, Fully Stocked Kitchen and Fridge! Ping Pong breaks!